Panamerican Proceeding

Lend me an ear and you will hear the rants and raves of this volunteer. "Nothing is stronger than the heart of a volunteer" says Lt. Col. James H. Doolittle (parden the pun), but perhaps no one is crazier either. Why do we care so much? Herein lies a glimpse of my Pan-American experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama Este, Panama

The proceeding 'Panamerican' is a Master's International Student and Peace Corps Volunteer. Disclaimer: Contents are the author's viewpoints only, (need to stress only), and many may have been written on particularly poor days.

Friday, August 11, 2006

(Not so) Great Expectations

So I'm really sick of PC asking me what my expectations are. Uhh... I dunno.... Get sick? Truth is, the first thing that happens after ones makes an expectation is he finds out it was wrong. So following my dad's advice, here are 10 expectations for the next 2 years.

1. I expect that all road construction around Wausau will be done upon my return. Forever.
2. I expect I will get sick. There you have it.
3. I expect my amazing girlfriend will find it easier to have me gone than she expects.
4. John McCain will be president in 2008 to find a house of dems.
5. Terrorists will continue to save Bush's ass.
6. It will be released that we killed Bin Laden as the presidential race is heating up. Truth be told, he died of kidney failure several years back.
7. My friends will get richer without me.
8. I expect to tire of rice and beans.
9. I will discover the meaning of life; but will be too malnurished on rice and beans to remember it.
10. I will meet my future best friends while having the greatest time of my life. Is that too much to ask?

(11.) I expect all my bloggy friends will comment on their expectations for the next 2 years as well. See you in Panama!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home