Panamerican Proceeding

Lend me an ear and you will hear the rants and raves of this volunteer. "Nothing is stronger than the heart of a volunteer" says Lt. Col. James H. Doolittle (parden the pun), but perhaps no one is crazier either. Why do we care so much? Herein lies a glimpse of my Pan-American experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama Este, Panama

The proceeding 'Panamerican' is a Master's International Student and Peace Corps Volunteer. Disclaimer: Contents are the author's viewpoints only, (need to stress only), and many may have been written on particularly poor days.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Moving in

I spent the last week moving in to my new site, San Francisco de Piriati. It went alright, but I was bothered all week by allergies which I suspect come from mold, dust from the road, and the spring-time weather. I'm going to try to move houses when I get back, away from the road and with a concrete floor.

Christmas day I attended a mass given by the local priest, Padre Pablo in the neighboring community of Quebrada Cali. He is actually American, and actually from Ripon, Wisconsin. This is the church below.

The following pictures are of my room with my new host family.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home