Panamerican Proceeding

Lend me an ear and you will hear the rants and raves of this volunteer. "Nothing is stronger than the heart of a volunteer" says Lt. Col. James H. Doolittle (parden the pun), but perhaps no one is crazier either. Why do we care so much? Herein lies a glimpse of my Pan-American experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama Este, Panama

The proceeding 'Panamerican' is a Master's International Student and Peace Corps Volunteer. Disclaimer: Contents are the author's viewpoints only, (need to stress only), and many may have been written on particularly poor days.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I don't hate you either, Brandon.

So this dork's inspiring words to the group as training was completing was..."I don't hate you yet." Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Honestly, the training group is excellent. It is so nice to be surrounded by inspired and inspiring people that think exactly the same way as you. We are all 20-something wannabe-somethings; for once my friends don't think I'm crazy (or even a little bit dreamy). As my future extremely poor friends and I sit drinking mochas on the patio overlooking limos and the Washington Monument, we ponder, "Who will be the first to quit?" "Who don't you want to be stationed with?" Then I wonder if I'm the answer to these questions in other social circles.

It's good to have my buddies Ryu and Jess here to remind me that good friends will always be there. Wow, listen to me rant! No wonder I've been invited to study in the City of Knowledge.

Ok, one last word of wisdom to all future travellers to Panama. Apparently the American Armed Forces aren't too well liked in Panama. I dunno...something to do with injustice, greed, and politics. Anyway, one easy way of eliminating soldiers is to eliminate camouflage. (I just deleted the joke I had inserted here.) Now insert dumb hick Brandon and give him a camouflage backpack - not a good combination. Long story short - don't bring a camouflage backpack to Panama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home