Panamerican Proceeding

Lend me an ear and you will hear the rants and raves of this volunteer. "Nothing is stronger than the heart of a volunteer" says Lt. Col. James H. Doolittle (parden the pun), but perhaps no one is crazier either. Why do we care so much? Herein lies a glimpse of my Pan-American experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama Este, Panama

The proceeding 'Panamerican' is a Master's International Student and Peace Corps Volunteer. Disclaimer: Contents are the author's viewpoints only, (need to stress only), and many may have been written on particularly poor days.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I saved my picture card!

Sorry to warn you pictures would be down for awhile. Gracias a Dios, I apparently bought the waterproof SD card...he he. Martha with her dog on the banks of the Rio Teribe.
Rio Teribe, the one that swallowed my camera.
Our finished toma, or springbox. (Springwater cavitation box)
Burning grass, outsite my back window.
Sunset shot from a resort on Isla Colon.
Setting up for a scene for Survior Panama (Columbian crew). The extremely white guy posing next to the "talent" is my buddy Aaron. There has been 12 or 13 Survivor series shot in Panama from a variety of countries.
Fishing off the dock.
Yours truly at Playa Bocas del Drago.
Julia's teaching Mary (follow the link for her version of the trip) how to make a chakara (or krä, in Ngäbere.) Basically it's a man-purse, and yes, I have one...two, in fact.
Of course, you can also make bigger chakaras, strap it around your forehead, and use it to carry goods. This is how we carried 13 sacks of cement and 6 yards of sand and gravel to the spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home