Panamerican Proceeding

Lend me an ear and you will hear the rants and raves of this volunteer. "Nothing is stronger than the heart of a volunteer" says Lt. Col. James H. Doolittle (parden the pun), but perhaps no one is crazier either. Why do we care so much? Herein lies a glimpse of my Pan-American experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama Este, Panama

The proceeding 'Panamerican' is a Master's International Student and Peace Corps Volunteer. Disclaimer: Contents are the author's viewpoints only, (need to stress only), and many may have been written on particularly poor days.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ummm.....hola?

So here I am at this 1980s computer with wires hanging everywhere and for the first time in my life I have nothing to say.... We lost our first trainee today. I want to respect his privacy, but let me say that I really liked this cat. I didn´t get a chance to talk to him before he left, I really hope everything is alright back home. I mean, he wasn´t that sick or anything, especially not sicker than the rest of us sickos. I spent a lot of time with him too, he was really funny.

I remember thinking about 5 days ago that if I get to a computer this month, I should really say ____ . It´s driving me crazy. The ticker says I have 10 more minutes left too! Here´s a fun game, Brandon: What´s been the most surprising thing for you this far? Umm....I don´t know Alex, perhaps the utter horendousness of my Spanish skills (or typing skills for that matter...or any of my skills for that matter). But I guess my biggest surprise is in my head. For some unknown reason, I cannot comprehend that I´m here. I´ve traveled a lot too. This isn´t my first rodeo, but this one just isn´t real. I´m numb and emotionless. I don´t understand and I don´t care. I´m going through the motions and I´m a spectator in my life. I really need to snap outta this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Brandon, Seeing no one has commented to you yet, let me be the first. I am the most daring relative you have you know.

So you've entered the Peace Corps game of Survivor - Panama. Hang in there, we're cheering for you. What's the this week's reward challenge?? Who are you making alliance's with?

Praying for you always,
Love,
Lucy, Rick and Mike

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home