Panamerican Proceeding

Lend me an ear and you will hear the rants and raves of this volunteer. "Nothing is stronger than the heart of a volunteer" says Lt. Col. James H. Doolittle (parden the pun), but perhaps no one is crazier either. Why do we care so much? Herein lies a glimpse of my Pan-American experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama Este, Panama

The proceeding 'Panamerican' is a Master's International Student and Peace Corps Volunteer. Disclaimer: Contents are the author's viewpoints only, (need to stress only), and many may have been written on particularly poor days.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Photos

Graduation day last Friday. Mmmm....we ate well.
My house the first night I moved in. As I keep losing weight, my house gets bigger and bigger everyday. Now it's more organized I swear.
My Panama Verde kids making tomales. This was supposed to be our big money maker but they sold them all on credit so now we are broke again. Good luck actually getting the money.
Another shot of the mountains and agricultural region near Cerra Punta.
Making shelves for my new house. At one point I snapped my fiber glass hammer but unlike tossing it and buying another one (something I've done dozens of times in the states) I spent the next 3 hours whittling the handle and reattaching the head.
Emilsa (11), Sabina (11), and Diamentina (9) hanging out on my porch after school.
Daniel, Vidal, and David show me an animal they caught. I can't remember the name but it was really cute. It's kinda like a small possum or something. (Actually, it was a baby ant eater. Specifically an endangered oso hormigera. Check it out here.)
I guy wanted me to take a picture of his daughter. The hat nor the flashlight seemed to cheer her up. She was afraid of me.
Valle de Risco (Joe's site) at dawn.
Fellow volunteers on our Thanksgiving hike around Cerra Punta.
This aquaduct, suspended in the air by a small cable, serves the house below.
My host sisters Bedu and Juanita playing. Juanita on the left must have taken her brother's shoes.
The critters on my legs - infected bug bites and cuts.
Some boys playing and swimming.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya ya, I check your blog regularly........ blah blah.
1. Your leg is pretty hot!
2. I know exactly how the little girl with the hat and flashlight feels...I often felt like balling at the sight of you:)
~ T Sue

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home