Panamerican Proceeding

Lend me an ear and you will hear the rants and raves of this volunteer. "Nothing is stronger than the heart of a volunteer" says Lt. Col. James H. Doolittle (parden the pun), but perhaps no one is crazier either. Why do we care so much? Herein lies a glimpse of my Pan-American experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama Este, Panama

The proceeding 'Panamerican' is a Master's International Student and Peace Corps Volunteer. Disclaimer: Contents are the author's viewpoints only, (need to stress only), and many may have been written on particularly poor days.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Move-in Day

Hey anybody bored enough to be reading this. So it's Sunday and I'm back in David, en route to moving into my site tomorrow. I think I have 17 bags with me, totaling 1,000 pounds. Mood? (Is that a question?) Um... my mood is pretty alright. Right now I'm not too excited about moving back, but that's mostly due to the fact that I'm tired, a touch hungover, and pampered. It's like when you go camping and you really look forward to roughing it and living simply, but after a little while it wears on you and you think, "Damn it would feel good to take a shower right now." Or, "Damn, I could go for a glass of ice water." Or, "Damn, what's growing on my legs?"

I guess I've been pampered this past week. I returned to Santa Clara, to my luxurious mansion, and enjoyed every second of the fan on my face at night. Then, we packed out to Ciudad del Saber, and I enjoyed every second of the AC. We celebrated our official swear-in at Santa Clara Beach, and I enjoyed every second of the ocean breeze. I also enjoyed a lot of Abuelo. But now I have my last night to decompress and catch up on my correspondence.

Well, I gotta run off to a dinner date with Ryu and Joe right now, but hopefully I can chat with you Blogger a little tomorrow. Oh, one last thought... I feel really bad I didn't get to say my good-byes to the group. There was confusion with the taxis, I thought people had already left, and before I knew it I was on a bus to David. So if you are reading this and are pissed you missed a hug, some beautiful parting words, and perhaps a few tears - I'm pissed too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home