Panamerican Proceeding

Lend me an ear and you will hear the rants and raves of this volunteer. "Nothing is stronger than the heart of a volunteer" says Lt. Col. James H. Doolittle (parden the pun), but perhaps no one is crazier either. Why do we care so much? Herein lies a glimpse of my Pan-American experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama Este, Panama

The proceeding 'Panamerican' is a Master's International Student and Peace Corps Volunteer. Disclaimer: Contents are the author's viewpoints only, (need to stress only), and many may have been written on particularly poor days.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Hi Wakun

That's weird you stumbled across my blog. I actually met you at Mark H's house when you were down here visiting. I was doing my site visit during training with Julie M. and we came to party with you guys.

I know exactly what house you are talking about, they were actually my host family. Juan Bonilla, Meliana Tera, Jose, Milciado, Yanilka, and the upteen others. Their son, Bejerano is actually my counterpart and was Bolo's as well. I hear about you guys all the time.

Sorry to rag on QC recently. Things have been off to a slow start but are starting to pick up now after the holidays. In a couple of weeks I'll hit the 3 mo mark.

After New Years afuera in Boquete and Volcan Baru, I was dreading coming back to QC. But walking back I stopped to pasear with a family (Adam P's host family). One of their daughters, Yanilka (4), whom I have titled the cutest little girl in Panama, ran up to me giving my leg a huge hug. That made my year. Things are going better now, and the next time you visit QC may actually have water.

Good to hear from you and feel free to pop by and say hi from time to time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home